- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
Our Heating Advice section is a library of questions we have been asked and our responses. Please use this search facility to see if these questions could help you with your heating enquiry.
- For a more efficient system should I I change pipework?
- The radiators in the third floor do not heat properly-not enough heat. I was told a 2nd pump at the outlet pipe be installed or system balanced. What is the best option?
- My Central Heating is broken. What's the best way of renewing the boiler & upgrading the system?
- When replacing a old heating boiler with a modern condensing boiler, are there regulations?
- Can you help me in telling me what size radiators are to be used in different sized rooms. Or can you supply me details of someone who can help me?
- Is it a government requirement to fit radiator thermostats if changing the boiler?
- My neighbour has installed a condensing boiler with flue outlet within 2.5m of boundary. The white plume emitted drifts into my bedroom window. Iâ€™m concerned that the plume must contain NOx, CO2 and gaseous substances which might be harmful. Is it safe?
- When my heating and hot water system turns off by the programmer the system keeps running and the boiler keeps firing. No heat comes through the rads so I assume itâ€™s the hot water. Can you advise as to what the problem is?
- Can I utilise an existing conventional flue when fitting a replacement floor mounted condensing boiler? Are there any grants available for an 80 yr pensioner who lives alone?
- I have recently had a GCH/Solar system installed which I believe to be incomplete and substd. I would like some advice on how to arrange an expert inspection and production of a report including any associated costs for the report.
Disclaimer: The Heating and Hot Water Industry Council (HHIC) has tried to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. However, HHIC will not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website. HHIC endeavours to provide a service of the highest quality; however, we cannot guarantee that our service will be uninterrupted or error-free. We are not responsible for claims brought by third parties arising from your use of www.centralheating.co.uk. HHIC assumes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites. The inclusion of any link should not be taken as endorsement of any kind by HHIC of the linked website or any association with its operators. Further, HHIC has no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Latest from HHIC:
#Homeowners! Do you ask to see engineers Gas Safe registration card? No? next time, can you? #lifeanddeath… https://t.co/5Lveemvig4Follow us