- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
Can I utilise an existing conventional flue when fitting a replacement floor mounted condensing boiler? Are there any grants available for an 80 yr pensioner who lives alone?
It is unlikely that the actual flue can be re-used, however it is possible that a new vertical flue can be installed in the same location as many boiler manufacturers now provide a number of flue options for their products. I cannot give definitive advice as this would require a site visit – and there may be other considerations which mean that re-use is not possible. A local Gas Safe-registered installer should be able to give more detailed advice based on inspection.
As regards availability of grants – I cannot advise but suggest that you contact Warm Front to check on your eligibility. Their website is at www.warmfront.co.uk.
Latest from HHIC:
#Homeowners! Do you ask to see engineers Gas Safe registration card? No? next time, can you? #lifeanddeath… https://t.co/5Lveemvig4Follow us