- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
Can you help me in telling me what size radiators are to be used in different sized rooms. Or can you supply me details of someone who can help me?
Most radiator manufacturers will publish details of radiator outputs for each size/design in their product literature (available from builders merchants, heating supplies merchants etc) – or on their websites.
The output of the radiator required for each room is determined by a fairly complex calculation involving the heat losses from the room (using wall construction properties, window size and type etc) and is not simply determined by the room size. A qualified heating installer will be able to do this calculation or you may find that radiator manufacturers’ websites provide a facility.
Latest from HHIC:
#Homeowners! Do you ask to see engineers Gas Safe registration card? No? next time, can you? #lifeanddeath… https://t.co/5Lveemvig4Follow us