- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
Is it a government requirement to fit radiator thermostats if changing the boiler?
As far as I am aware, if only the boiler is being changed on an exiting pumped heating system then it is not a requirement under Building Regulations to fit thermostatic radiator valves, assuming that there is another form of heating control via a room thermostat or programmable thermostat.
Given that the system will be drained to fit the boiler it is nevertheless a good opportunity to fit TRV’s on radiators (except in the room/area where the thermostat is located) as these need not be too expensive and can save energy and money by allowing greater control of temperature in different rooms (e.g. bedrooms can be set cooler that other rooms if required).
Latest from HHIC:
#Homeowners! Do you ask to see engineers Gas Safe registration card? No? next time, can you? #lifeanddeath… https://t.co/5Lveemvig4Follow us