- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
When my heating and hot water system turns off by the programmer the system keeps running and the boiler keeps firing. No heat comes through the rads so I assume itâ€™s the hot water. Can you advise as to what the problem is?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer any “remote analysis” of heating system faults – it requires a site visit and inspection of the system by a qualified heating engineer/installer to diagnose the problem.
In this case as the system is oil-fired, if you do not know a reputable engineer I suggest that you contact either the boiler manufacturer via their helpline to ascertain f they have trained engineers in your area (see operating instructions or the company website for helpline number) or try OFTEC – the oil heating Trade Association – who have a “find a technician” facility on their website www.oftec.co.uk.
Latest from HHIC:
RT @energyutilities: #Gas has kept the lights on & UK homes warm for the past 200 yrs. #GreenGas is a #LowCarbon solution for the future ht…Follow us