- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
- The plume from my neighbour's boiler has started to be very much more intense than before. She tells me that this is OK and that it is the result of her turning the heat up in the cold weather. Is this safe?
- I would like to know if a TRV would actually save you money on your fuel bills. I can't seem to grasp how they would if so and I understand that they are only a recommendation and not a regulation under L1.
- I heard the program on Radio 4 today about condensing boilers. We are having an identical problem with our boiler freezing up and our plumber said to use a hair dryer to defrost it. Is our installing plumber obliged to sort this problem out.
- Can we upgrade the control box for a Potterton Kingfisher boiler to allow independent demand of gas fuelled heating and hot water?
- Is it possible to have a gas combi boiler and a solid fuel stove both connected to the same central heating system?
- We are moving to an old farmhouse that has no ch. Am thinking of having a woodburner boiler combined with an oil fired boiler. Gas is not available, what would you recommend? As regards positioning of the radiators, under windows or on the internal walls?
- The pump on my ch has failed but canâ€™t find it. It could be under tiled floor. 1 plumber suggests that fitting a second pump might work another says not. Is there a non-destructive way of finding the pump? Would fitting a second pump would work?
- I am looking for advice as to what type of Central Heating system to install. We have a 3 bedroom semi. Gas & Electricity supplies present, currently just an immersion boiler & an electric fire in lounge.
- I am repositioning my dining room radiator whatâ€™s the min. Distance from room thermostat to rad.
- Can I move my combi boiler from one wall in my bathroom to the opposite wall; I would obviously employ the correct people to do this I wish to move the boiler to enable us to renovate our bathroom
Latest from HHIC:
#Homeowners! Do you ask to see engineers Gas Safe registration card? No? next time, can you? #lifeanddeath… https://t.co/5Lveemvig4Follow us