- I have a boiler central heating system in which the central heating and hot water feed off one tank in the roof . I have been advised by a plumber that I need to replace the boiler for a combi system, as the system I have is illegal. Can you confirm and a
- I have a modern high efficiency condensing boiler which developed a fault during the recent very cold weather caused by the condensate drain freezing. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this happening again?
- I am looking for a boiler manual, where can I find a copy?
- What is the Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP) and how do I claim it?
- How important is water treatment for heating systems?
- I have a very old boiler which is at least 25 years old. Is there any rules/ health and safety regulations which require me to update my boiler?
- What size direct unvented hot water tank do I need to supply two bathrooms with the only electrical supply available at night?
- The time has now come to replace our boiler and I am wondering which types of modern boiler will be compatible with this single pipe design. I would be grateful for your advice.
- I am looking for a top-loading manual-fed wood-burning system to produce hot water and central heating to be located in a back room and giving minimal heat out into that room. Can you help?
- We have specified a pressure test to be carried out on the new gas, water and central heating carcasses but I would be grateful to get some idea of what pressures and over what time should this test be carried out.
- I am renovating a 19th century cottage. I would like to replace the heating and hot water system with something more modern, what do you advise? Also the system needs to be maintained reasonably easily and be left unattended.
- In an effort to reduce heating costs I want to control the thermostats in different parts of the house automatically. Do you make suitable equipment? If not do you know who does?
- Two years ago I bought a flat in a complex, the water was heated by electric in a large ventilated tank. Due to the distance between tank and sink the supply to the kitchen sink is slow. Can you recommend a pressurised system to cure this problem?
- My hot water tank thermostat causes radio & computer interference. It appears to me that the thermostat switch directly controls the valve: is this usual? Apart from trying another make of switch, is there any other solution?
- I purchased a newbuild house in May 2006 and have discovered that the gas boiler is not condensing. I have been informed that this type of boiler should not have been fitted. I would therefore very much appreciate your opinion on this matter.
Latest from HHIC:
#Homeowners! Do you ask to see engineers Gas Safe registration card? No? next time, can you? #lifeanddeath… https://t.co/5Lveemvig4Follow us