Get Ready for Winter – HHIC’s 5 cost savings tips to keep your home in good energy efficiency order
Share this article:
The Heating and Hotwater Industry Council, HHIC, has come up with five cost saving tips to keep your home in good energy efficiency order this Winter.
- Get your boiler and gas appliances serviced by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
- Only heat the room you use the most - You don't have to use the central heating to heat the entire house. Use thermostat valves on radiators and keep them low or turned off in rooms that aren't used.
- Remove trapped air from your radiators - Over time, air can become trapped inside your radiators.
- Stop the draught - When you heat your home warm air pulls cold air from outside into the house, so block draught coming under doors and through keyholes.
- Draw your curtains - Properly fitted curtains act as a great insulation reducing heat loss through glass.
Latest from HHIC:
Entries for the @CIBSE young engineers awards are now open! https://t.co/opuE5hv9NLFollow us